Paradigm, Martin Logan and Anthem to Join DTS Play-Fi Wireless Ecosystem
CALABASAS, Calif. (September 18, 2014) – DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions and audio enhancement technologies, today announced that the Paradigm, Martin Logan and Anthem brands are the latest to join the DTS Play-Fi ecosystem via a collaboration with Paradigm Electronics, a leading provider of premium audio components and speaker products. Paradigm products featuring the Play-Fi technology will be available worldwide in Q1 2015.
Play-Fi provides listeners with the freedom and flexibility to stream their music wirelessly from smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktop PCs over an existing home Wi-Fi network, to any number of Play-Fi connected speakers throughout the home. The technology enables uncompromised wireless audio streaming from the most popular music services, Internet radio stations and personal music libraries on any Play-Fi-enabled products.
“Music lovers today want to experience their favorite music anywhere in the home with high-quality sound,” said Zoltan Balla, brand manager, Paradigm. “We chose Play-Fi because it is the most mature and commercially viable technology on the market today, enabling the premium audio experience our customers expect from the Paradigm brands.”
“The integration with the Paradigm, Martin Logan and Anthem brands is another step toward building Play-Fi into the largest high-fidelity wireless ecosystem of audio product manufacturers and content service providers on Earth,” said Dannie Lau, general manager, Play-Fi Division, DTS. “Paradigm’s long-standing history of developing speakers and components that produce an astonishing audio performance are a welcome addition to our roster of integrated products.”
Play-Fi benefits include:
- Personalized Audio System -- With the Play-Fi technology’s open platform design, consumers can customize their home audio setup to incorporate products from their favorite audio brands and sync them wirelessly without being tied to a single manufacturer’s offerings.
- Multi-Room, Multi-Zone, Multi-User Listening Experience – Connect multiple Play-Fi compatible audio systems into a zone and enjoy music in every room of your home, perfectly synchronized with no lag. Create multiple zones and stream different music to different rooms from the same device. Every user in the home can simultaneously stream from different Play-Fi enabled smartphones, tablets or PCs.
- Exceptional Sound Experience – Play-Fi is able to wirelessly transmit high-quality “lossless” audio, with no impact on sound quality.
- Whole-Home Range – Play-Fi works everywhere your Wi-Fi does, even if you’re using range extenders. Play-Fi works over Ethernet, Powerline, and other IP-based networking technologies, too with no need for proprietary bridges or routers. Most homes already have everything that is needed.
- Stream Anything, Control Everything – Users can stream from any music service using Play-Fi drivers for Windows and Android. Additionally, users can download Play-Fi apps for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire that give them access to over 20,000 radio stations, podcasts, local music, media servers, and select cloud-based music services. They can set-up, link and control all of the speakers on the network from the same streamlined interfaces.